Sunday, May 21, 2017

Baking Notes

The kitchen's been pretty quiet these days as I have been busy with other things, but I am happy to report the successful freezing of the lemon berry loaf! The last time I baked I took advantage of the hot oven to bake some extra loaves with idea that I could freeze them for snack emergencies later. I'm always a little skeptical of freezing bread, I guess I shouldn't be because it's really no big deal. If bread is fresh and sealed well it keeps for weeks. There is some debate in my house about pre-slicing a loaf; I like to do it for convenience sake, especially when it's going into the freezer so it's easier to grab and toast. Hubs, on the other hand, likes to keep it whole and only slice as needed, says it gets stale too quickly otherwise. The jury is still out on that one.

It's raining today, though, and I have some down time, so I might just head to the kitchen and throw together some biscotti. I had lost my reliable and oh-so simple recipe the last time I tried so it's been a while. But now that it is back in my possession, I will give it a shot and maybe try a spelt version for hubs. Here we go.

2 comments:

Connie said...

The lemon berry loaf sounds so delicious! I hope your baking went well for you today.

Trish said...

Thank you, yes! It went well. Photos and post coming shortly.