A Top Ten Meme from The Broke and The Bookish
This week's topic is open for catching up with previously missed topics.
My pick? The top ten best places to read . . .
1. Anywhere - as long as there's enough light.
2. In my papsan chair - this comfy bowl-shaped chair makes for cozy reading: not quite sitting and not quite reclining, but juuust right.
3. In the bathtub - what could be better than a warm soak in fragrant bubbles with a good book? The only downside is wrinkled skin and water that's too cold because I just really needed to finish this one chapter . . . page . . . line. Okay, one more chapter then I really have to get out.
4. Waiting in line at the bank/ doctor/ kids afterschool pick-up etc - I take a book with me everywhere, so go ahead and take your time . . . I don't mind waiting ;)
5. Outside - this could be anywhere from a patio to a dock to a beach, on a chair or blanket or towel. The details don't matter as long as the weather is pleasant and I have a book close by.
6. In The Library - I love loading up my arms with books and taking them to one of the big comfy chairs by the window for closer inspection. I'll go through the pile reading opening lines and applying the page 99 test. The ones that pass come home with me.
7. By a crackling fire - curled up on the couch with a cup of tea. Bliss!
8. In a cafe - with a large cafe mocha and a lemon-poppyseed muffin.
9. In the car/train/plane - it's all good as long as someone else is driving and it's not too bumpy or curvy.
10. In bed - this is where I do some of my best reading. Not only do I love to go to bed early and read until I can't keep my eyes open, but I often find myself wakeful between 2-4am so instead of tossing and turning, I read!
The only place I can't read is in a hammock -ugh- all that swaying makes me queasy.
Previous Top Tens: Bookish Peeves and Books That Should Be Made Into Movies