Thursday, January 21, 2016


I've been looking for some literary references to New Orleans for an upcoming trip and found this link which looks like fun except when you take away William Faulkner (too weird and incoherent), Anne Rice (vampires and fantasy are not my bag, although Interview with the Vampire was...ok), and any NOLA based crime writers (since I'm not much of a crime reader), then I'm pretty much left with these two books as a reading list. I might check out some Tennessee Williams and revisit some Hemingway too. But for now I'm pretty stoked. This is a manageable, travel friendly collection to throw in my bag and read on the plane and while noshing on coffee and beignets at Cafe du Monde.

2 comments:

Connie said...

Hope you have a great time on your trip! :)

Trish said...

Thanks! I'm really looking forward to it.