Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Parallel Play by Tim Page



Okay, so I'm working through Parallel Play Growing Up With Undiagnosed Asperger's by Tim Page and I'm just not getting that he is anything other than a quirky guy with issues. Asperger's? Maybe I'm missing something.

"Overstimulation of any sort remains a positive horror, and I am most content either alone, with people I have known a long time, or with the occasional new friend I make and love instantly as though we were born together." pg 180

"Some people make me crazy - pushing their faces into mine, finishing my sentences, repeatedly calling my attention to things that don't interest me and that I don't care to know about - and I can take these distractions for only a short time before I become unhappy and, on occasion, downright rude." pg 181

Ho-hum.

These descriptions all sound just like . . . me.

Time for a new book.


No comments: