Monday, February 22, 2016

War and Peace in a nutshell. Clever, in a cringeworthy sort of way.

I'm pretty excited about how the new mini-series has sparked a renewed interest in this book, though. War and Peace is one of my all time favourites. I keep daring myself to pick it up again for a reread but there are just too many other books on my list that have been waiting for so long. And then there's the time commitment you need to really immerse yourself in this epic story. It's a great winter read. Actually, it's a great anytime read.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I don't know if I'll ever read this book. I started watching the miniseries The History Channel put on but have yet to finish it. Sadly that's as far as I'll foray into this world.

Connie said...

I've never read it, and I don't imagine I ever will. It is too intimidating to me because of its length.