Thursday, February 5, 2015

Bread and Books

Just as I believe books to be the best and most satisfying food for one's mind, so I believe bread to be the best and most satisfying food for one's body.

Check out what's been going on in my kitchen lately.

From basic sourdough...




...to olive bread and multigrain bread



...to ciabatta 



...to granola



Actually, the ciabatta and basic sourdough are about the same thing except the ciabatta dough is wetter and thus less formed at baking time. Still chewy and crusty, though.

I've been baking bread for about twenty years, but my foray into sourdough only just started a few years ago. In 2013 I discovered the ease of using a cast iron pot for baking a perfectly formed old-fashioned loaf and posted about it in Crusty Sourdough 101 alongside a how-to for making the dough. 

The granola is something I've been working on for the last six months or so. The basic oatmeal and honey version here is simple to put together and has a nice crunch, but that's for another post.

2 comments:

Connie said...

Oh my! Everything looks so good. You've been busy!! :) Have a nice weekend!

Trish said...

Thanks, Daisy!