Okay, so. I'm supposed to answer ten questions and then forward the award on.
1. Who is your favourite philosopher? I don't know if he is considered a philosopher but I'd have to say the Dalai Lama is one of the wisest and most remarkable human beings on the planet. Imagine if everyone adhered to his words of compassion and tolerance, how different the world would look:
~There is no need for complicated philosophy, doctrine, or dogma. Our own heart, our own mind, is the temple. The doctrine is compassion. Love for others and respect for their rights and dignity, no matter who or what they are - these are ultimately all we need.~
It's so simple, really.
2. What is your favourite number? 5 because with three sons, a husband and me it is our family's number.
3. What is your favourite animal? Parrots because they are intelligent and funny. We used to have a noisy, hand raised, blue-crowned conure named José who could mimic the phone ringing and the kitchen timer beeping to bring me running in from outside. Naughty bird! He was cuddly, playful and full of personality. Did I mention he was noisy?
4. What are your Facebook and Twitter URLs? Facebook is just for keeping in touch with family but my brand new Twitter account button is right there on the sidebar. It's fun! Feel free to
5. What is your favourite time of day? Morning! I am a morning person through and through. I enjoy the quiet, and the birds, and the grey dawn light. I go for a long walk and then come home to a hot cup of fresh brewed coffee. I don't do nights well at all. After 9pm I'm pretty much a goner.
6. What was your favourite vacation? Hub and I went to Paris in May of 2011. It is seriously the coolest city I've ever seen. Everything is jaw-droppingly huge, historic and beautiful. I loved that we shared it together.
7. What is your favourite physical activity? Walking. Hiking. Kayaking.
8. What is your favourite non-alcoholic drink? Hot coffee first thing in the morning; iced tea in the afternoon.
9. What is your favourite flower? Peonies because they are so lush and fragrant; daisies because they are so sweet, bright and happy.
10. What is your passion? I believe in education and literature for the mind; family, partners, companions and friends for the heart and soul; exercise, rest and good food for the body; and the belief that we are all here for a reason: to help, support, and encourage each other. This is how I try to live my life.
I'd like to pass this award on to some other worthy recipients:
~ Debbie at ExUrbanis
~ Patty at Books, Thoughts, and a Few Adventures
~ Barb at Mundane Musings
~ Harvee at Book Dilettante
~ Heidi at Heidi's Books
~ Connie at More Where That Came From
~ Becky at Humorist~Bliss Folower~Writer
~ JoAnn at Lakeside Musing
~ Alexis at Reflections of a Bookaholic
~ Sam at Tiny Library
~ Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea