Eleven questions from Laura @ Devouring Texts
Thanks, Laura, for the shout-out! I'm sorry for not fully participating, but I have to keep it short. Is it okay if I just answer some of the questions?
1. If money were no object, where would you like to live most in the world?
Right here in Canada, close to water and wilderness. I'm not one for traveling. I enjoy it when I do it, but I don't particularly seek it out. I'm a homebody through and through.
2. What books are on your nightstand or wherever you keep your next reads?
My immediate next-reads are on my nightstand and they are: Tolstoy and The Purple Chair by Nina Sankovitch, Dostoevsky's Best Short Stories, Finding Emilie by Laurel Corona, Brother's Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevski, and The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. The only reason I have so many lined up is because they were all recent birthday gifts from my family, or from the library.
3. Do you have hobbies apart from reading that are really exciting?
Nothing I would consider exciting, although I did pick up kayaking a few years ago. And I've always enjoyed hiking.
4. What's your favorite cartoon?
Calvin and Hobbes and the old Loony Toons cartoons.
5. Who is your favorite celebrity crush?
Antonio Banderas in the movie Zorro
6. Favorite music/artist?
Aretha Franklin. I'm old school that way.
7. Are you a simple girl or a Katie girl?
Definitely a simple girl.
8. Readalongs: scourge of the devil or really really fun?
. . . ehn - I'm on the fence about readalongs.
9. Cupcakes: anti-feminism or just tasty little cakes?
They're just tasty little cakes, of course! Preferably chocolate with cream cheese icing.
10. If you are given a round-the-world ticket, where do you go first and who do you take with?
I'd take my husband and probably start with Paris.
11. What is your desert Island book?
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Jane Eyre, To Kill a Mocking Bird and the Border Triolgy by Cormac McCarthy. I think those would keep me going for a while.