A Top Ten meme from The Broke and The Bookish
I haven't really made any reading plans or challenges for the new year except to keep working on my TBR shelf and continuing to tackle more classics. I'm especially interested in the Russians this year, and some of the early 20th Century Americans. There also has to be time for some current authors, light reads, and some assigned school books Son14 will have this year (1984!) which I would like to read alongside him.
So, in no particular order, here's my proposed reading list for 2012.
1. East of Eden by John Steinbeck (in progress and LOVING it)
2. The Idiot by Fyodor Dostoyevsky (intimidating, but I'm going to give it a shot)
3. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy (such an old reread I may as well be opening it for the first time)
4. Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov (banned book! so, of course.)
5. 1984 by George Orwell (never read this so it's about time)
6. The Sound and The Fury by William Faulkner (not sure about this one . . . )
7. As I lay Dying by William Faulkner (ditto)
8. Tender is The Night by F. Scott Fitzgerald
9. The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
10. Jazz by Toni Morrison
11. Sula by Toni Morrison
12. Razor's Edge by W. Somerset Maugham