Monday, December 27, 2010

Gothic Reading Challenge

Since I have an ongoing resolution to read more classics I thought I would join a couple of online reading challenges to keep me motivated and informed. Victorian Literature and Gothic Literature sound about right to meet my interests and both are somewhat related so I'll be able to cross reference between the two. I probably won't devote any whole stand-alone pages to these challenges, though - too much clutter - but rather just incorporate their progress and completion into my regular posts.



A few titles that I have my eye on are borrowed from my Victorian Literature challenge . . . 

The Turn of the Screw - Henry James 
Gothic Tales - Elizabeth Gaskell 
Tales of Mystery and Imagination - Edgar Allen Poe 
Rebecca - Daphne DuMaurier 
The Haunting of Hill House - Shirley Jackson 
Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte 

I can probably reasonably commit to reading about five of these, give or take. But, gosh, there are so many excellent suggestions at the host site I might surprise myself and read even more than that.


2011 is shaping up to be a splendid reading year!

2 comments:

BookQuoter said...

Good luck on your challenges. I hope you enjoyed your holidays and you have a very good new year.

Trish said...

Thanks! Yes I had a lovely holiday with family all around and am looking forward to a good start to the new year. I can hardly believe it'll be 2011 already.