Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Drinking - A Love Story by Carline Knapp

Oh. My. God. This was a most annoying book. I'm sure it's because that's just what an addiction is: annoying for the suffer and the people close to them. And I did read and finish this account voluntarily. And I do realize no one asks to be an alcoholic. But -hoowee- it was all I could do not to scream at the pages and tell her to STOP ALREADY. Perhaps that's the sign of her writing skill, that she could convey the complete and utter power that alcohol had over her; however, I just didn't have the stamina to keep up with all her convoluted attempts to maintain her addiction. I would have been more interested in reading about her recovery, only touched on at the end of the book, than about her obsession itself.

No comments: