Sunday, July 11, 2010

Interview With the Vampire by Anne Rice

This book is dark, creepy, weird, and trashy - a great summer backyard read! *but* The story would have been way cooler if the author had just laid it out as a story instead of as an interview-style dictation. I'm not even really sure how to explain what it was that bothered me except that I kept having to go back to see who was doing the talking now, and what century we were in. And did I mention there were no chapters? There were barely even paragraph breaks; and I don't have that kind of stamina. I am one of those readers who needs to come up for air sooner than every 100 pages, especially with a creepy book like this. Ehn, petty details perhaps, but enough to tamper with my reading buzz.

2 comments:

Alyce said...

It has been so long since I read this book that I didn't even remember the format! Wow, I just counted and it's been fourteen years. I do remember that I loved the series at the time I read it though.

Trish said...

This is a series that I probably would have loved in my youth right alongside my Steven King collection.