Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Angelology by Danielle Trussoni

The majority of Angelology is a tantalizing mixture of suspense, mystery, history, mythology, adventure and treasure hunt. And although not a fantasy fan I am usually willing to suspend reality *a little bit* for the sake of a good story. But the fantasy in this story only works up to a point and then ends up to sounding more like Ghostbusters than anything else.

Too bad really.

It's an interesting and absorbing read. I just think the ending could have been better.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Well, I loved Ghostbusters (the movie) but I’m not a fan of fantasy – except for Lord of the Rings. I’ll give this book some thought though, since you say it’s an absorbing read.

Trish said...

I am so on the fence about how I feel about this book. It was a really cool story and the fantasy aspect works okay up to the conclusion. But the conclusion just felt rushed and overdone -again! why do so many novels feel this way at the end? maybe it's just me . . .